SHAC calls on housing associations to take a positive lead in the housing association sector by agreeing to cease evictions for the foreseeable future and waive rents and service charges for those suffering economically as a result of the Covid-19 pandemic. We call on them not to add to the growing numbers of homeless people on our streets, nor being forced to live in overcrowded accommodation.
It is time for housing associations to agree #NoEvictions. Protests by a broad alliance of housing campaign groups including SHAC, successfully extended the initial evictions ban and lengthened the notice period for possession orders. These were important victories, but more could be done and SHAC will continue to press for improved tenancy protections.
- Eviction Ban Extension: A Safety Net of Gaping Holes
- G15: Time for Boards to Step Up!
- Let’s Get Tweeting!
- I’ve Seen the Pain that Homelessness Causes
- No Evictions: Making A Demand on Our Politicians
- Campaigners vow “We’ll be back when courts reopen!”
- Maintain the Eviction Moratorium
- SHAC Featured in The Big Issue
- SHAC Letter to G15 – Waive Rents!
- SHAC Letter in the Evening Standard
- SHAC Demands No Evictions and Safe, Secure Homes
- Day of Action 27 June 2020
- Opposing Evictions
- Open Letter to HAs: Covid-19